Thursday, July 19, 2012

Finding the Perfect Bench.

So I got the white kitchen table I was dying to get 2 weeks ago and found 2 amazing chairs to redo for our seating! After all my hard work hunting down the items, I must say it was worth it for the money I saved and the satisfaction of finding exactly what I was looking for.  I found my table at Housing Works Thrift in Chelsea for $75 + $50 to have it delivered and I found two antique dining chairs at a little thrift store a street over from me in Soho for a total of $90 for both... Quiet the deal, I must say! ("DIY: Chair Redo" post to come..)


CB2: OdysseyWhite Dining Table - (Originally $199, purchased for $125) at Housing Works in Chelsea













As I expressed in a past post,  my vision for our
dining table seating is inspired from the picture to the right.... So I am in desperate need of a bench in order to capture this cozy breakfast nook look. I love how the rich fabrics, plush sofa seat and wooden chairs balances out the sleek modern style of the table. Uh, It's so perfect!












Dining Area where the table, bench and 2 chairs will go.
Since I haven't had as much time to really go out and hunt for the perfect bench these past few weeks, I've been doing a little online browsing to get an idea of what style I want. I do know that I would like for it to sit against the window and seat 2-3 people comfortably. Storage would also be a huge plus, but I won't sacrifice style for storage---duh and duh! Below are a few styles I've found online thus far that I think are pretty unique and somewhat affordable for what it is.  Since I am in no hurry to get the bench, I am going to spend my next few weeks frequently stopping in my favorite local thrift stores in search for "the one."



****In the mean time, I would love to hear what you think about the styles I found below?


ETSY: Wooden Shoe Bench - $90




                     OneKingsLane: Emily Bench - $199



                           

                           OneKingsLane: Reagan Ottoman - $279


HAPPY ALMOST FRIDAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment