Saturday, July 02, 2011

DIY: Shabby Chic Lamp.

Finally my first DIY post! But before I start a series of DIY projects, I want to let you in on the most valuable tips for DIY projects: If there is anything that can fix anything-- its spray paint. Its amazing what a $3 bottle of spray paint can transform. On that note, I thought I would start with the DIY shabby chic lamp for my first post. Probably one of the simplest and cheapest projects of all times. All you need is a lamp and spray paint. I found the lamp pictured for $29.99 at Home Goods and bought the spray paint for $3.99 at Kmart. (No, we do not have a Wal*Mart or a Target in NYC. It's miserable.) All you do is take the shade off and spray a few coats of paint on it and whA-la! -- you have a lamp with your own personal touch and style. Pictured steps below:
BEFORE:

AFTER:

And if your not into the whole shabby chic style or need a pop of color for your room, there are plenty of other colors and styles to choose from-- That's the fun part! So forget shopping for days and over paying for the perfect lamp to fit in your bedroom, living room or office; instead find a lamp shape and paint color you like and get to painting. Here's a little inspiration...


No comments:

Post a Comment