Wednesday, February 02, 2011

B is for Barbie.

Barbie might be one of the most famous names and faces (or plastics) in America right?!! I mean everyone knows who Barbie is. She's been a part of every girls childhood since 1959 when she was introduced at the Toy Fair in New York City.  Now as a 22 year old, I think I have become to love her even more. Barbie is everywhere right now and I don't just mean in toys r us... the Ads are all over New York right now in places that 5-12 year olds don't hang out.  You can tell that they are definitely trying to appeal to the older audience, and I love it!
I mean how could you not? Not only does is remind me of my childhood but they are so retro and catchy! And in perfect timing with Valentines Day coming up.  
But its not just the advertisements that are buzzing about the iconic Barbie... One of my favorite designers, Jonathan Adler has also made retro Barbie his muse by designing a house in California in honor of Barbie's 50th anniversary 2 years ago.  I seriously want to just walk in this cheerful girliness and say "Honey, Im home." 



But since I will never probably live in a home like this, at least JA has a few great products we can fill our home with to remind of us of how amazing it is to be a girl.  Here are a few images the products that are still sold online
BARBIE IS BACK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment