Sunday, December 12, 2010

Book of the week.

So tonight, I finally got to see Million Dollar Quartet on broadway with my parents in the city... And let me tell you, the piano player who played Jerry Lee Lewis blew me away! I would pay $100 just to see that rascal tear up the piano one more time. (Gosh, if I dont marry a musician my life might be over! Hurry up and turn 18 already Biebes). The show was really entertaining if your into the classics like Elvis, Johnny Cash, Jerry Lee Lewis, etc but if your not a music fan and into the oldies its probably not the show to see. I will the only person in their 20's at the show. 

But back books. Seeing that the story takes place in Memphis at Sun Studios, I thought I would post a book I have been wanting for some time now: Hatch Show Print: The History of a Great American Poster Shop.  The book is the first fully illustrated tour of this iconic print shop and also chronicles the long life and large cast of employees, entertainers, and American legends whose histories are intertwined with it. I actually visited Hatch Show Print Shop 2 years ago on a road trip to Nashville with my mom and dad and ever since then, I have been obsessed with their work. Its a truly unique establishment that has hardly changed over the years and I love places like that. Im almost positive Hatchshow made the Million Dollar Quartet logo so I will definitely be purchasing the poster for my apartment. But they make more than just posters. So if your not a poster person or if it doesn't go with your home decor, here are some other great things that Hatchshows work is featured on and would make great gifts for the holidays. And don't forget, you can always buy the book. You can never have too many books!


Around $15.00
(My Favorite and at a great price! You can find it at World Market.)


Around $20.00

No comments:

Post a Comment