Friday, January 14, 2011

It's Rodeo Time Ya'll!

Sadly, I am not in Texas this year for Rodeo Season. It's probably one of my favorite things of the year in Texas.  Country music, boots, spurs, horses, mustaches, big goofy hats, flower pearl snap shirts, and cowboys! It is the ultimate people watching- down home experience.  Need I say more?
And let me tell you... the leather, the fringe, the boots, the tassled vest, terquoise jewlery and a big silver monogrammed (or Branded) belt buckle is always in style.  During the rodeo my friends and I bring out our western gear to blend in with the true cowboys/cowgirls because the style is actually kind of awesome and iconic.  Don't jump to conclusions and assume that we really wear this gear year around but for the few weeks during rodeo season, you could say, "She's Gone Country."
But enough about the rodeo, its making me depressed that I am missing it this year..... Lets talk Ralph Lauren SS2011 Runway show. I mean really, I die.  RL is a genius and he doesn't even have to try.  We've been seeing his rugged but feminine Wild West meets Durango chic style for years in his home collection and now he has finally brought it to the runway with a BANG! or should I say, a YE-HAW! Whether you dig the western look or not... (A lot of people don't, I get it; Its not for everyone)... You have to give it to RL for making country look so classy!
  Houston Rodeo 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment